Thursday, February 14, 2008

Zucchini Carbonara ala Rita


I chose to be in charge of veggie for the V-Day party, cos I just know how to turn some healthy veggie into a tasty (unhealthy) treat. HAHAHAH! Being put against bacon, cream, cheese & butter, I doubt if the zucchini could still win the battle to make us healthy. Sorry, Zuc, my bad.

Ingredients
- 4 zucchini, chopped to about 5mm thick
- olive oil, butter
- finely chopped garlic
- a few strips of bacon
- a dash of cream
- a dash of milk
- grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- salt, pepper, sugar

Pan fry bacon in a little oil until golden brown, add a spoon of butter, add garlic, add zucchinis, season. Mix cream, egg, milk, & grated cheddar cheese in a bowl, pour the creamy & cheesy sauce mix over zucchini when it is done, heat it up a bit, season as you wish, serve.

Don't follow my lead, let the zucchini win the battle in your kitchen, ok? Good luck, Zuc!

Should Zuc be in my potential first born name list?

2 comments:

test it comm said...

Looks good! Without the pasta there is even more zucchini goodness.

Unknown said...

Hmmm staying committed to my Indonesian heritage, I might just eat this with rice HAHAHA