Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Peanut Butter & Nutella Muffins - I'm A Blue & White Junkie


In between crazy work days, checking out the new flat's progress and mad rush packing, I still had the time to smile happily at my blue and whites, stroking them with love, as I carefully, painstakingly wrapped them, individually with bubble wrap. I just love them so much, it is surprising that I didn't paint my whole new flat blue and white.

Look what I've found at the bottom of my harddisk?
Peanut Butter & Nutella Muffins

How could I keep these babies in the corner? PB & N, they are one of my favorite combos ever!
Recipe
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (and more for filling)
- 2 tbsp nutella (and more for filling)
- 1 egg white (you can include the yolk if you want to)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- a dash of vanilla
- 2/3 cup plain yoghurt

Preheat oven to 180C. Mix dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix wet ingredients in another bowl, except peanut butter and nutella. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, mix a bit, add peanut butter and nutella, whisk until just combined. Pour batter into muffin tray lined with paper cups half way, spoon a bit of peanut butter and nutella in the middle, top off with more batter until 3/4 full, bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Imagine biting into them, right in the middle where the warm peanut butter and nutella filling are...that's sick!

Blue and White Addiction
Now, how do I feed my blue and white addiction? Gawd, Hong Kong is a heaven full of them! Living here feels like a drug addict passing by numerous dealers offering goods at unbelievably low prices all the time, and it ain't easy resisting all the temptations.



This is one of my favorite blue and white joints, look at all those adorable beauties. They look so sad not being bought...all of them are calling my name, begging me to take them home...


Maybe after I get myself a bigger storage so that you can all live more comfortably, my babies...so long...

The shop is in Soho's Elgin St, Central.
Go on, but don't go crazy like me.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

love PB muffins...hehehe...but not so much of Nutella...got to try someday. Thanks for all the muffins recipe...biasa aku nyontek resep muffins punyamu...:)

Lidia Sianturi said...

ya ampun Rit...gelem iku pecah belahe...dirimu iso tahan ora tuku? mosok?

Little Corner of Mine said...

Nutella and peanut butter, a mix in heaven for me. Oh man, I am attracted to the blue and white Chinese serve ware too, so tempting!

Jamie said...

Peanut Butter & Nutella? I could do! How yummy is that (but then, you should know!). Fabulous!

And I love Blue & White!

Dori said...

These must taste amazing... peanut butter and nutella, YUM!

Cakelaw said...

The blue and whites are so lovely - I am not surprised that you are giving them TLC in the move. Those muffins look and sound fab - nutella and peanut butter, how could you lose?

Screamin' Mama said...

I will definitely try this recipe!! Mouth is watering just thinking about them!

EatTravelEat said...

Oh my! So many blue and white pieces of porcelain! Every piece is so detailed. Need to see this place next time I visit Hong Kong :).

Heather said...

what a classic combo! so delish!

Noob Cook said...

I'm addicted to buying cutlery (must check into those anonymous self help groups :P), how I want to go HK to grab a few for myself. Nice muffins, I luv Nutella

Babe_KL said...

hmmm PB & N, my faves and no butter??? i like oredi. thanks for the recipe :D

Anonymous said...

Oh Rita.. i saw the word Nutella and i knew i had to visit. Mmmmm.. They look like they ship well!! (hint hint) :-)

taste memory said...

oohh i love blue + white porcelin too...very romantic i think!

as always very interesting food combinations my dear!

xoxo ;-)

Kate- Aapplemint said...

HAHA ... It does get difficult to control yourself with these things in HK, and space never permits you to get lavish ! I'm battling with myself every time i get out .... control !!
Have you tried walking thru Shanghai street in Yau Ma tei ?? Resist that n show me ! N if you ever do plan to come this side, get me some of those awesome cupcakes ...yum peanut butter n nutella ...divine.

mindy said...

ini kesukaankuw juga jeng. biasanya makan toast pake peanut butter, nutella dan irisan pisang. slurp. setelah sekian lama nyari peanut butter disini ketemu juga. mau coba aaah resep ini. xie xie.

SilverMoon Dragon said...

My son's two favourite sandwich toppings - perfect for cupcakes at his 2nd birthday party! They are in the oven now, and they smell good!