Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Homemade Yumminess from Guang Zhou Trip

Just here to show off share all the yummy homemade food I had during our trip to Guang Zhou.
Chinese Homemade Food
We stayed at SC's grandma's place in China and we were absolutely spoiled by all the awesome homemade food. They still try their best to always make everything at home using the freshest ingredients. Amazing! Look at those little pieces of dry shiitake. They're little bites of heaven!

Chinese Homemade Food
Fresh veggies, simply stir fried.

Chinese Homemade Food
Tasty stir fried tofu with pork. I ate almost half of this. The weather was cold and digging into this with steaming hot rice...oh my. I miss rice. I hate my 2nd day of low carb diet. Ugh.

Chinese Homemade Food
Awesome soy sauce chicken.

Chinese Homemade Food
Tasty tasty soup.

As soon as we finished lunch, uncle started to make radish cake.
Chinese Homemade Food

Look at all the goodies to go into the radish cake.
Chinese Homemade Food
Chinese sausages, preserved meat, dry shrimps...fragrant!

Chinese Homemade Food
The pickled vegetables that inspired us to make our own in Hong Kong. Not as good as grandma's!

Chinese Homemade Food
A typical breakfast during my holiday...pan fried radish cake, pickles, yogurt...

Chinese Homemade Food
...and homemade sticky rice dumpling chock full of precious things!

We gotta go back to Guang Zhou again soon!

2 comments:

Noob Cook said...

this is home-cooked food at its best :D

Joanne said...

Man I love radish cake! Totally jealous.