Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mushroom Omelette with Black Truffle Pate

Mushroom Omelette with Black Truffle
OMG! It's been so long!
Lots have been going on in my life... a new job, a new flat, business trips, etc etc etc...I am overwhelmed!
And naturally, I've been eating a lot of carbs, dumping my diet aside, which is a bit sad since it was going so well :(

Anyway, looking at my old low carb pictures, I am inspired to start again, and I'd like share this one with you. It's meatless but very tasty and satisfying with a touch of luxe ;)

Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- half a cup of button mushrooms, sliced
- a tsp of black truffle pate
- butter, salt, pepper

Melt butter in a non stick frying pan, saute mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, pour beaten egg, cook for a bit (do not overcook), flip, serve and add black truffle pate on top.

YUM!

12 comments:

sydneylyn said...

missed your posts a lot! :) Good luck on everything that's new! :)

mochaccinoland said...

YUM! i love eggs. i love mushrooms. i love truffles. thus i'm definitely going to love this omelette.

Peter M said...

WOW,,,this is one posh omelet...you din't hold back with the truffles and such!

Safe in the Steep Cliffs said...

heck yeah it's been so long! i miss the food that you've been posting up !

gummi baby said...

This looks delicious! I only wish I could still eat eggs! What brand of truffle pate do you buy?

Joanne said...

sounds like you've been happy and busy! yay!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Welcome back! Love your mushroom omelette, looks delicious!

Noob Cook said...

what a posh and grand dish to welcome back the low carb diet hehe

daphne said...

and what a lovely omelette to start it again! I just went away for a few days.. and now back to my low carb again! I think, it is ok going off for a while-to surprise the body here and there! besides, we miss our carbs...

Alana said...

This looks like the fanciest omelette of all time... WOW/YUM!

Javier I. Sampedro said...

Having good food is a good start to carry wiht all new things. Add oil! :)

tigerfish said...

A lot of good things happening (that is good!) other than the bruise I saw at FB (not so good). Hope all is well. Hmmm, shd be well looking at the "luxe" food you are enjoying :)